The vision of the NMMU Department of Industrial Engineering is to be the leader in all aspects of Operations, Industrial and Business Engineering through sustainable partnerships, innovation and commitment to quality.
The programme offered by the above department is designed to enable students to solve well-defined problems and improve systems in both the manufacturing and service sectors of industry. This results in higher productivity, better quality products and services for on-time delivery to customers.
The Department also boasts a state-of-the art Centre for Business Engineering with three fully functional laboratories namely:
- SWEAT Lab (Simulated Work Environment)
- THINK Lab (Advanced Fabrication Laboratory)
- GAMES Lab (Computer Laboratory – equipped with a Smart Board)
Please click on the link below to view our exciting video
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR CURRENT GRADE 12 LEARNERS
· Admission Points Score of 34.
· Minimum NSC requirements for diploma entry must be met.
· English, Afrikaans or isiXhosa (home language or first additional language) on at least level 3 (40-49%).
· NSC achievement rating of at least 4 (50-59%) for Mathematics.
· NSC achievement rating of at least 4 (50-59%) for Physical Sciences.
· Applicants with an Admission Points Score between 26 and 33 may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
· An N3 Certificate with a minimum of 50% in Mathematics and Engineering Science and two languages at senior certificate level.
· If an applicant has not taken the optional Mathematics topics, additional modules may be added to the programme, which might extend the length of the programme
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS WHO MATRICULATED PRIOR TO 2008
· Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification with Mathematics, Physical Science as well as two official languages.
· Learners must score at least 27 points on the university’s SPS rating scale.
· The required minimum symbols for Mathematics and Science are E (HG) or D (SG)
· An N3 Certificate with a minimum of 50% in Mathematics and Engineering Science and two languages at Senior Certificate level.
· Applicants who do not meet the requirements for direct admission, and who have an SPS of 18 or higher, may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
*PLEASE NOTE THAT NMMU WILL BE OFFERING BACHELOR ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY FROM 2017. PLEASE VIEW NMMU’S WEBSITE FOR FURTHER DETAILS*