|Membership Grade||Letters of Designation||Typical Minimum Requirements for Grade|
|Honorary Fellow||Hon. FSAIIE||By invitation|
|Fellow||FSAIIE||A person who has been a Member (MSAIIE) for a minimum of seven years and held the position of professional responsibility in IE|
|Member||MSAIIE||An ECSA registered engineering person and/or a person with at least seven years of combined tertiary and practical IE experience|
A Candidate Engineer/ Technologist/ Technician working towards registration as well as practical experience; and/ or
A person who expresses a professional interest in IE and is desirous of subscribing to the objectives of the Institute
|Retired Member||Retain designation at point of retirement||A person shall be at the age of retirement, typically 65 years old|
|Student Member||StMSAIIE||A person pursuing a course at a recognised tertiary education institution. Must be less than 30 years of age.|
Knowledge and Support
A top website www.saiie.co.za - your link with your profession. Constantly updated, a pleasure to navigate! Our online platform enables you to perform the following activities:
- Access to Job Vacancies
- Community Engagement platform
- Access to Free SAIIE Webinars and - SAIIE arrange Industry Site Visits & Events
- CPD Manager
- Secure online payment options and up to date account information
South African Journal of Industrial Engineering -highly acclaimed internationally, providing members with the cutting edge of South African Industrial Engineering innovations and advances.
Professional Registration - We provide advice as well as mentors with your professional registration. Significant Discount - on your ECSA Professional registration fee if you are a SAIIE Member.
SAIIE members can network through the Community Engagement Solution where they can access it from their personal profile on their "My Glue" accounts. Through various functions such as the SAIIE annual conference, webinars and events, you can identify and connect with your peers to benchmark, share ideas and get advice to meet the challenges of your job.
- SAIIE Annual Conference - a highlight of the year, this is your opportunity to learn about ground breaking IE theories and World Class practical implementations at a discounted rate. Top class talks from various Industry gurus provide you an opportunity to learn from the best. Gain wide industry exposure through presenting papers to the SAIIE audience.
- Regular SAIIE Webinars - attend free of charge.
- Link to Educational Institutions - SAIIE has well-established links to many of the IE Educational Institutions throughout South Africa.
- Free digital subscription to Creamer Media's Engineering News & Mining Weekly
SAIIE is a member-led organisation. Members serve on various branches and at council level, providing innovative leadership throughout the organisation. You can take part in developing Industrial Engineering in our community and help create a colourful tomorrow for the next generation. Our relationship with the educational institutions is a focus area so that we can stay in touch with the next generation of Industrial Engineers.
MSAIIE - the distinctive post nominal title you can boast by being associated with a top engineering institute. Wherever your path takes you, one thing will remain constant - Industrial Engineering will be the foundation on which your career is based and SAIIE will always be your ling to that foundation.